When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Hearty Welcome to John - Schwinn Sales West

-
I'll make it official posting here. Again, welcome to the Cabe John! It's been a month and I've really enjoyed your informative and interesting input along with our conversations over this time. This is a great site with good people and I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

I'll make it official posting here. Again, welcome to the Cabe John! It's been a month and I've really enjoyed your informative and interesting input along with our conversations over this time. This is a great site with good people and I hope you enjoy your time here with us.
Thanks GT.

Now that I have told all of my stories, I'll have to be careful to make sure I tell the same Storey each time it's retold.

John

Thanks GT.

Now that I have told all of my stories, I'll have to be careful to make sure I tell the same Storey each time it's retold.

John

Do you remember the flooding and when they opened the Dam gates in 1978? They were building the new Tempe bridge and two bridges at Scottsdale and Hayden roads and all three were washed away? I cannot find any information about that on the internet! They say the new, third bridge, in Tempe was washed away in 1993. Either the internet is full of BS or I'm losing my mind. 🤣

Do you remember the flooding and when they opened the Dam gates in 1978? They were building the new Tempe bridge and two bridges at Scottsdale and Hayden roads and all three were washed away? I cannot find any information about that on the internet! They say the new, third bridge, in Tempe was washed away in 1993. Either the internet is full of BS or I'm losing my mind. 🤣
The only bridge that mattered in Tempe was Mill Ave. That's how we got to Monti's La Casa Viejo Steak House.

Must be a problem with our short-term memory's because I don't remember any flooding.

John

Do you remember the flooding and when they opened the Dam gates in 1978? They were building the new Tempe bridge and two bridges at Scottsdale and Hayden roads and all three were washed away? I cannot find any information about that on the internet! They say the new, third bridge, in Tempe was washed away in 1993. Either the internet is full of BS or I'm losing my mind. 🤣 I remember it well I lived in Phoenix and went to work for the US Forest Service Tonto in end of 78’-81’ and John is correct on the only bridge that was usable was the Mill Ave bridge from Tempe into Phoenix. That was because the Corp of Engineers built when they built things to last. The other crossing was closed for a brief period because of a minor sag but was deemed safe to use. But that Mill Avenue bridge was the only way for a while. I remember Landis Cyclery and was sad when they ceased sell the greatest bicycles in the country. The old days are treasured memories now. Welcome John.

Was nice meeting you at the orange circle ride last week and then having you attend my ride on Sunday! Was cool talking shop with you before the ride! Also you win the award for first person there and you even beat me there and I only live a block away! Very interesting to hear your stories! Dave

Very cool, glad you joined up. I enjoy looking back because looking forward is none too pleasant. Take us back to that magical time, brother!

Back