When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Hybrid Light Set For 1947 Schwinn New World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SirMike1983

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've always wanted a vintage light set on my New World, but never thought that the Miller-style headlight would work well on it. I wanted something "slicker" and more streamlined for this bike. It has such a smooth, classic frame and blade fenders that I wanted something different.

So here's my set: Miller generator and tail light, but a French randonneur "Ideal" aluminum bullet. It even has a little fin on the top that goes well with the bladed front fender and razorback long stem.

http://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/2016/07/after-feeling-under-weather-for-day-or.html

20160716_162122.jpg

20160716_155357.jpg
20160716_155336.jpg
20160716_155348.jpg

Looks sharp! I wish I liked generator lights, but they always make me feel like I am pedaling uphill, and when I go down a long hill they burn out the bulbs. I'm sure the 21st Century versions are better but bad experiences are hard to forget.

Back