When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A job best left to the professionals?

-
It's all a learning curve! Sometimes an old thread will be revived, with a post from me. And I'll add corrections. Such as the infamous '56 JCH "strike bikes, built by Stelber". When in actuality, Murray was building their new Lawrenceburg, TN factory that year. I've searched online, and found NO historical evidence of a strike, besides posts here! And Stelber was an import co. basically. They apparently imported bikes for Sears, and later, even cheaper bikes that they put their own badge on. Those killed their reputation, so they launched a new line, Iverson, which look to be made by CBC/Ross.

It's all a learning curve! Sometimes an old thread will be revived, with a post from me. And I'll add corrections. Such as the infamous '56 JCH "strike bikes, built by Stelber". When in actuality, Murray was building their new Lawrenceburg, TN factory that year. I've searched online, and found NO historical evidence of a strike, besides posts here! And Stelber was an import co. basically. They apparently imported bikes for Sears, and later, even cheaper bikes that they put their own badge on. Those killed their reputation, so they launched a new line, Iverson, which look to be made by CBC/Ross.
@Adamtinkerer, you have given me good insights on several bikes over the years, so let me say thanks! And like you say, what we understand today may have to be revised tomorrow if better evidence comes to light. In my experience the ones that know everything already are the ones you have to watch!

Back