When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A job best left to the professionals?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Even when I'm absolutely sure of my answer, I respond in a way that leaves room for correction (i.e. This looks a lot like a "X" or I'm pretty sure this is a "X"). And I often do a quick search to support my claim before I make it. Again, the key is to help someone out and not lead them in the wrong direction. That said, if your answer isn't presented as gospel, it has value, right or wrong, because it can lead to a healthy discussion that will likely bring even more important information to light. I've been mistaken before and those mistakes have led to some pretty cool knowledge. I say chime in, but if you're not sure, say so.

I usually wrestle with my motives when I don't agree with something I read. Do I add my two cents and perhaps offend someone, or do I leave information up that is not accurate. Third option: I could be the idiot and I just made things worse.

I agree with Igrinnings, and hope a modicum of kindness in my reply can smooth over the rough bits.

Expert
1640881954871.png

Verb
  1. Ex: has-been
  2. Spurt: drip under pressure

Last edited:
Due to the fact that current society likes to argue with everything posted I will usually start my answer with:
"Because the frame/bike has ______________ and the serial number is__________, I believe what you have is a __________. Basically says what i want to say and why I want to say it so i dont have to answer further questions as to the reason for my assumption.
If I don't think I can reasonably guess with any degree of real certainty, I will be quiet and wait for the teacher to start class so I can learn too.

I have said it before this one can get you in trouble, what one believes becomes the truth. However I truly do understand what your saying.
A friend of mine believes that Tom Hanks eats children and the plane-lines in the sky create the weather as determined by the illuminate in order to make people wanna shop and vacation more.
So in the end, what one believes is only a problem until someone else believes that guy. Lol

I have said it before this one can get you in trouble, what one believes becomes the truth. However I truly do understand what your saying.
No way to control the way someone else is going to interpret something you've said, even after you've been as clear as possible and done your best to cover your butt as in @tacochris example.
My example: I believe @tacochris should keep plenty of distance between him and his friend because his friend is a screwball.

No way to control the way someone else is going to interpret something you've said, even after you've been as clear as possible and done your best to cover your butt as in @tacochris example.
My example: I believe @tacochris should keep plenty of distance between him and his friend because his friend is a screwball.
If its an example where I feel there is a chance Im wrong, I will usually pepper in "I could be wrong but I believe....".

Back