When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A job best left to the professionals?

-
^^ agreed. anything involving doody, call the pro's.
while we're derailing:
I have pulled bikes out of barns full of live rats, cleaned out countless field vehicles, a foot deep in all manner of animal crap, bugs, spiders, trash and stuff that would make a hazmat crew blush....but when the cat pukes on the floor in the house I have to call the wife cause I can barely make it thru the clean up without dry heaving. Lol!!

Ok, another topic for debate, is whether to point out miss information on someone else’s for sale thread?
If you see someone listing something incorrectly identified, should you publicly post the error, or just keep quiet and let the buyer beware?
I think it kinda depends honestly on how its being portrayed in error:

If its being posted as one thing and you know its obviously not, on purpose (tank being sold as real when its repop), I think we owe it to the scene to keep that stuff in check.

If its being sold as one thing when you know from experience its another and the user just didnt know (bike being sold as a wrong year) then maybe mention it in the ways listed above. Kindly and with your reason for the assumption so as to appear helpful and not combative.
Hope that makes sense.

Ok, another topic for debate, is whether to point out miss information on someone else’s for sale thread?
If you see someone listing something incorrectly identified, should you publicly post the error, or just keep quiet and let the buyer beware?
if I were selling something that was not what I said I surely would want to know before it is sold and shipped.

there was a prewar Schwinn frame here a while back where the head tube was shorter than original. like 1/4" was cut from the bottom. I posted my suspicions right in the ad.

Back