When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Little Help Please

-

JessEm

On Training Wheels
Hello!

Basically, I picked up this old bike yesterday. It seems pretty shot? My thought was that it might be a Schwinn, ergo may have part(s) I can use for a Schwinn I'm planning to restore that's missing a lot of parts (another story I'll get to eventually...) but now I'm thinking this not a Schwinn...? Also, am I wrong for thinking the contraption attached to the rear wheel was to make an exercise bike??

Comments appreciated!

b1.png

b2.png

b3.png

b4.png

b5.png

b6.png

b7.png

b8.png

b9.png

b91.png

Thanks for the reply, ratina. Confirms my suspicion it's not a Schwinn. Thank you.

Any thoughts out there on what good this bike is?? A lawn ornament perhaps? I feel like it's beyond restorable...

I think the fenders, chairguard, fork,and hubs are worth more than a garden bike. Get a pre rusted huffy from wally world for a lawn ornament.

Not worth restoring but could be a good rider. I would gently clean it up, grease it and ride it! It’s cool for what it is. Welcome to the CABE!

Back