When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little help with values. I'm new

-

dsweidman

On Training Wheels
I have always liked motorized bicycles but never really had an opportunity to join the fun. I have an opportunity to jump into this hobby in a big way. I found these items recently and need some help with values. I realize many factors go into determining this, but I just need ballpark figures so I don't insult the owner or make a bad purchase. Thanks for your help.

1 Marman twin-Road Master frame
1 Whizzer sportsman
1 Whizzer not sure what model. Virtually brand new. Road master frame
1 Power bike on a Columbia frame.
All will Run, they just haven't for 20 years or so.
All late 40's or early 50's era.
Probably enough parts to build a couple more.

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

That's some high quality merchandise. I'd say if you could take it all home for less than $7,000 you'd be winning. It could be worth a lot more if we could see what's in those boxes.

I saw the front in one photo, and more in the reflection of the Marman tank... looks like it might be a convertible?

I have always liked motorized bicycles but never really had an opportunity to join the fun. I have an opportunity to jump into this hobby in a big way. I found these items recently and need some help with values. I realize many factors go into determining this, but I just need ballpark figures so I don't insult the owner or make a bad purchase. Thanks for your help.

1 Marman twin-Road Master frame
1 Whizzer sportsman
1 Whizzer not sure what model. Virtually brand new. Road master frame
1 Power bike on a Columbia frame.
All will Run, they just haven't for 20 years or so.
All late 40's or early 50's era.
Probably enough parts to build a couple more.

View attachment 448991

View attachment 448992

View attachment 448993

View attachment 448994

View attachment 448995

View attachment 448996

View attachment 448997

View attachment 448998

View attachment 448999

View attachment 449000

View attachment 449001

Looks like you Might? have been at fred white estate auction? How was it? Missed that one badly...wish I could have attended

What did you have pay for the bikes?

I haven't bought anything. These belong to a good friend who is thinking about selling.
I just had the opportunity to get them running and cleaned up after sitting for about 20 years.
We're still considering things....

I haven't bought anything. These belong to a good friend who is thinking about selling.
I just had the opportunity to get them running and cleaned up after sitting for about 20 years.
We're still considering things....
Wow, what part of Ohio is this? I'm in Cincinnati & courious of if this is. close to me ? Anyhow, yeah there looks to be some premier engines especially the twin head motors I see on the selfs. Hope you get the opportunity to buy one of these awesome machines.

Back