When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of cool bikes

-

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Now that I've forgotten....
The copper bike in the first pic was the most interesting. Actually plated copper. I thought I committed it to memory but I can't remember the name. English.... damn
These are from Des Moines Iowa and except for the Stingray and the tweed, all are for sale pretty cheap. Many original. Many not. Taking offers on all of them. If you are interested in any you can contact him directly. Many of these bikes are worth double the asking price in parts.

The MacLean for instance is extremely nice but a podge of esoteric parts from its era. He says it came with Schwinn phone dial hubs and he kept the stem on it. Looks like a 40's frame and fork. Original Clip stem fork. Cyclo offy derailleur etc..

Last edited:
I have to vote for the blue Hetchins. He also has many nice Brooks saddles, including the Swallow Select on the red Hetchins.

Copper-plate may be pretty, but not a good idea - there's enough galvanic difference there, with weathering, the copper will sacrifice the steel.

The Raleigh Pro with Brooks Pro is another nice bike.

Last edited:
Right !
Willier.
Was ASKING 3500 on it. copper is not bare or corroded badly anywhere. I cant see the benefit either but it makes for an interesting frame. I didn't take it down.
I will also mention that MOST of the bikes are at the 1500 level, only a few higher and ALL are open to offers. On many of these bikes, the parts on them are worth double the price of the bike. The MacLean is one. That is an NOS Cyclo system on there and a Schwinn track stem to boot. Hubs are Hi-end. 40's Frame was pro sprayed and re-decalled and looks fantastic.

I actually just recently acquired a Hetchins, so while normally those would have been the first I'd have zoomed in on, the MacLean became the next target of lust. Hens' teeth stateside it seems, more so than Hetchins. But that said, the Hetch pretty much wiped out my bike funds until I sell a few to compensate - so while my eyes say "Yes! Yes!" my wallet sneers "Yeah, shut up".

Now that I've forgotten....
The copper bike in the first pic was the most interesting. Actually plated copper. I thought I committed it to memory but I can't remember the name. English.... damn
These are from Des Moines Iowa and except for the Stingray and the tweed, all are for sale pretty cheap. Many original. Many not. Taking offers on all of them. If you are interested in any you can contact him directly. Many of these bikes are worth double the asking price in parts.

The MacLean for instance is extremely nice but a podge of esoteric parts from its era. He says it came with Schwinn phone dial hubs and he kept the stem on it. Looks like a 40's frame and fork. Original Clip stem fork. Cyclo offy derailleur etc..

View attachment 1594067

View attachment 1594068

View attachment 1594069

View attachment 1594070

View attachment 1594071

View attachment 1594072

View attachment 1594074

View attachment 1594075

View attachment 1594076

View attachment 1594077

View attachment 1594078

View attachment 1594079
@coasterbrakejunkie1969

Those early Italian copper frames were called "ramata" style frames due to the color. WILIER Trestina still makes "copper" frames, but by color only, and not actually copper plated.
I would take any Hetchins frame; beautiful pieces of design and function!
@bulldog1935 : "Copper-plate may be pretty, but not a good idea - there's enough galvanic difference there, with weathering, the copper will sacrifice the steel." I always thought of doing that on a frame, but just because of what you stated I did not feel it to be wise in the end. Maybe brass plated; red brass would be better than straight copper, or yellow brass as the safer bet. I'm too cheap for gold even if I had the cash; I wouldn't want to ride it!

Back