When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Mystery part...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nope, it saves your handlebar from being scratched when you lean it on something--particularly concrete, stone, or brick walls as found all over a city.

-----

thanks very much for commencing this textilium Moto-Gi macchinista

had not before seen one of these gadgets and was also unfamiliar with the maker

the spot of digging done has made me wonder just how many small accessories they may have produced back in this era

perhaps they had a product range similar to that of Rampinelli (REG)

would be fun to locate a catalogue or brochure from them of the era of the Gazelle...

shall keep an eye out in the course o' me travels... ; ^ ]

-----

A friend has a Dutch Gazelle that has a similiar “bumper” on the right side handlebar. His is a single speed, but agree with discussion that it’s to aid in leaning bike against a wall.
Rhodes used to make a “flick stand” that kept the front wheel from flip flopping, preventing it from falling over if leaned against a wall. Different solution to same problem.

How about a picture of the Gazelle, I recently picked up a Populair and am rapidly falling in love with the big lump... such a nice ride!

Back