When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Mystery Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Bought a Schwinn last night and the women had her childhood tricycle. She wanted to know if I knew someone who could restore it or get parts. Front wheel seems real wobbly. I told her I would check on here and see if I could get her some info about it.

Sorry about the pics, they don't look that way until I insert them on here.

View attachment 344139

View attachment 344140

View attachment 344143

Trike 1.jpg

Trike 3.jpg

Trike 2.jpg

It's missing the rear step but definitely is a PAL tricycle. The design in the stamped steel seat also helped identify it. There's a photo of an almost identical model here showing what the missing pedals look like: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/pal.php

Here's a PAL on ebay sold under the MW brand name. You can see what the rear step plate should look like, though I believe the seat and pedals on this one aren't original: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Antiqu...891937?hash=item1c6b46e2a1:g:wasAAOSwdzVXjvB8

Dave

Last edited:
Awesome info Dave!! I passed along that info to her. Any idea if tires are available? Or thoughts on finding the rear step? Thanks again!

The tires are the old style that are extruded rubber held on with a center twisted wire. She would need to find someone with a tire setter and rubber to replace them with. About the only way a correct rear step plate will probably be found is if someone is parting out an old PAL. Sometimes older trikes are sold for parts on ebay or perhaps CABEers could keep an eye out at bike shows and swap meets. That red MW trike on ebay is a possibility since some of the parts aren't original to it.

Dave

Back