When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A pair of 69's

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I promised my wife I would donate 2 bikes for a charity auction she is working on. I had a beautiful men's '70 Suburban 3 speed and a '74 ladies Collegiate 5 speed. She decided some others might be a better choice. After a lot of growling and gnashing of teeth I agreed to give up these 2 beauties, both 69's a Fairlady and a Typhoon. Neither is 100% original but still I was a bit reluctant until she made the mistake of telling me I could replace the Typhoon with another bike leaving the door wide open.

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

So does the Typhoon have a price, a starting price, a best offer or a BIN price ?
I'm not sure what the starting bid was for each, I told them retail was $250 Typhoon and $125 Fair lady. The Typhoon went for $130 and the Fair lady went for $85. Someone got a great deal. It was for charity so it did not really matter they were very happy to get the donations. Someone got a killer deal on that Typhoon. It was in pretty good shape and rode super smooth. I'm glad my wife told me to strip the rack and headlight off of it. I really liked the campus green it was not all darkened up from sunlight.

That Typhoon must have been hard to part with, but Kudos to you for doing a good dead and also maybe starting someone down the path of loving old bikes...it was a Typhoon that I got hooked. Merry Christmas!

That Typhoon must have been hard to part with, but Kudos to you for doing a good dead and also maybe starting someone down the path of loving old bikes...it was a Typhoon that I got hooked. Merry Christmas!
Love my Typhoons,I will find something in campus green sometime.I do love that color. Merry Christmas

Back