When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A pair of 69's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I promised my wife I would donate 2 bikes for a charity auction she is working on. I had a beautiful men's '70 Suburban 3 speed and a '74 ladies Collegiate 5 speed. She decided some others might be a better choice. After a lot of growling and gnashing of teeth I agreed to give up these 2 beauties, both 69's a Fairlady and a Typhoon. Neither is 100% original but still I was a bit reluctant until she made the mistake of telling me I could replace the Typhoon with another bike leaving the door wide open.

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

So does the Typhoon have a price, a starting price, a best offer or a BIN price ?
I'm not sure what the starting bid was for each, I told them retail was $250 Typhoon and $125 Fair lady. The Typhoon went for $130 and the Fair lady went for $85. Someone got a great deal. It was for charity so it did not really matter they were very happy to get the donations. Someone got a killer deal on that Typhoon. It was in pretty good shape and rode super smooth. I'm glad my wife told me to strip the rack and headlight off of it. I really liked the campus green it was not all darkened up from sunlight.

That Typhoon must have been hard to part with, but Kudos to you for doing a good dead and also maybe starting someone down the path of loving old bikes...it was a Typhoon that I got hooked. Merry Christmas!

That Typhoon must have been hard to part with, but Kudos to you for doing a good dead and also maybe starting someone down the path of loving old bikes...it was a Typhoon that I got hooked. Merry Christmas!
Love my Typhoons,I will find something in campus green sometime.I do love that color. Merry Christmas

Back