When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Paramount on eBay to pick apart, but not bad....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's an oddball for sure especially with appears to be 26" wheels. Wonder what the story really is, I read the ad, but who knows.

I think it is a 70's model with parts from much earlier bikes. An "Ultra-Lite" decal and a long stem double adjustable stem do not go together. Or the 1940's brake levers.... etc.
But the parts alone are worth the asking price.... even much more.

Painted with lacquer?. Not a 3 stage Lime paint job.
#612? I don't know, but that doesn't seem right.
Panasonic "Lite-Weight" decal?
Reynolds 531 decal on a supposedly early Schwinn?
Aluminum date stamped headbadge?
Plastic oil port partridge?
Another Albatross Schwinn. At least its offered at less than the parts are worth.
It would be fun to know the real story.
Yeah, I dont think R.Schwinn did anyone any favors. The big picture doesn't include the minutia.
It looks more like one of my bastardized Schwinn lightweights with parts from everywhere.
And if it jumps and croaks.....

Can anyone make out the build date on the badge? It's obvious someone threw some old parts on it and some of them from a Raleigh.

Mid to late 70's P-65-60 Deluxe Touring Paramount that's been raped and then built back up in a homeless camp with parts from a bunch of old early post war Schwinns that were scattered around the camp. How much are those Schwinn script brake levers going for these days?

1634971638327.png

1634972035183.png

There you go. Its the ephemera that fills in a few blanks.
Using Reynolds AND the Lite decals in 77'....hmmmmm
The badge reads 1387 - May 1977
Id like to know more about the serial # (just for GP.) There is a pic of the steerer head also with 612 on it. no prefix or anything. Were the womens models serialized consecutively?
Being a parts fool, Im kinda interested in this. Although my cave mate rides around with me, she doesn't have the same interest and has her hand on the throttle. Of course I'd be thinking of building it up for her. Ive built up quite a pile in the past year and Im in the middle of a deal now Im having to jump through hoops for, so... probably not for me....
I wonder if the grips are the squishy soft rubber 70's versions or the harder fatty early ones. They kinda look the same.
Anyway.......

Back