When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is my 1987 Cimarron. Except for the bars and grips, this one is factory, down to the tires and brake pads. The original bars were replaced by the previous owner, but I found these 80's vintage Specialized alloy bars that look close to the originals, but have a lot more wrist-friendly pullback. The original Mountain Pro saddle was like an a$$ hatchet, so I put it in storage and threw this WTB Speed V on for riding. Full Deore XT M730 group, except for the Suntour XC post, Nitto stem, and Araya RM-20 hoops. This is one of the best riding mountain bikes I've been on. The geometry is in that sweet spot between the slack angles of the early bikes and the steep angles of the 90's bikes. The fillet brazed / lugged construction make it unique. Sadly, I think many of these were cannibalized for the XT group. The pedals are worth more than what I paid for the entire bike 15 years ago

20230716_195553.jpg

20230716_195615.jpg

20230716_195605.jpg

20230716_195628.jpg

I love the Proflex mountain bikes….not sure if I’d ride them where I take my Stumpy29er but cool to ride around the neighborhood or rail trails. Let’s ride, J-wagon! Love your 856, buddy!
👍👍Let's ride!
For sure, I have 2012 Stumpy sworks 29er HT which is much more capable and comfortable. As a proflex newbie, I'm pleasantly surprised on how well it performs for xc given it's mad max, steampunk klunker look.
I've had other funky looking mtbs below eg trek y-frames, fisher Joshua XO cool looking but underwhelming riders.

20220212_171312.jpg

20210112_160713.jpg

That’s a sweet little bike @Miq. ”Our” bike is a 15” frame and it’s considerably quicker than my other old mountain bikes considering they are all 26”. They all have a lot of our DNA and soul at this point. Keepers !!

• Love
Reactions: Miq
👍👍Let's ride!
For sure, I have 2012 Stumpy sworks 29er HT which is much more capable and comfortable. As a proflex newbie, I'm pleasantly surprised on how well it performs for xc given it's mad max, steampunk klunker look.
I've had other funky looking mtbs below eg trek y-frames, fisher Joshua XO cool looking but underwhelming riders.

Funny…I had a Gary Fisher Joshua XO too…you nailed them right I
👍👍Let's ride!

View attachment 1871749

View attachment 1871750
Funny…..I had a Gary Fisher XO too….I bought it ‘cause it looked cool. You nailed them perfectly…MaddMaxx.Steampunk klunkerish

Here's another one - 1985 Mongoose ATB. This one originally lived in Grants Pass, Oregon. I paid way, way too much for this bike when I bought back in 2005 - 2006 on Ebay. I knew very little about vintage Mongoose MTB's at the time, saw the pro-class rims and chrome frame and assumed this was as valuable as a KOS Cruiser. Apparently, someone else did too, and a bidding war broke out. The seller was so blown away by the final price that he shipped it for free😂. Then I later found out the real value of the bike. You live and learn. The bike is nearly all original, except for the saddle, grips, and tires.

View attachment 1870818
I have one of these and a Kos
Both ride really nice IMHO

Back