When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finally a topic I can share a little bit about here on the CABE. A vintage mountainbiker who trolls here regularly just because I enjoy everything about old bikes, here are a few of my favorite steeds:

1941 Schwinn retro klunker build:

I got one Klunker......
SCHWINN KLUNKER 5  1.jpg

Some great bikes in this thread!

Here is my vintage MTB: a 1984 Raleigh Crested Butte. The Crested Butte was the top-of-the line for Raleigh USA's "Mountain Tour" series of the mid-eighties, featuring slack Repack geometry and gobs of first generation Deore "deerhead" componentry. I haven't changed too much to the bike besides tires, saddle, and handlebars. I liked the original Bullmoose, but with a 23 inch top tube, I was too stretched out. It mostly sees service as my city/utility/commuter, though I have ridden some non-technical trails and have done some light touring.

22830471299_4fe286de5c_z.jpg

22830471299_4fe286de5c_z.jpg

Here is my '84 Muddy Fox Seeker, made by Araya, all original except for the tires.
Great bike to ride, second pic is on one of the Dutch retro rides.

p4pb11464203-1.jpg

p4pb11415540-1.jpg

lots of nice bikes in this thread.... here is mine.... 86 schwinn sierra.... found it in a pile of free stuff in front of somebody's house.... they were moving and didnt want to take it with them.....I brought it home aired up the tires and was able to ride it.... did lots of cleaning, adjusting and repacking all the bearings.... swapped out the crusty handlebars with some I had stashed away.... it rides great
bike.jpg
14390763_10153717453490303_4998893504634753273_n.jpg

Back