When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

-
91 Breezer Sky. Started as just a frame. Built up as a 1x9. White Industries hubs, Marinovative brakes

DSC_0244.JPG

I just about fell out of my chair when I spotted a Ritchey Timberwolf during my breakfast scan of our small-town CL one morning this summer.

Kinda beat, it'll never be concours quality, but b'gosh it's a gen-u-ine fillet-brazed Ritchey!

Hodge-podge of parts. Super nice folks that I bought it from. It had definitely been 'rode hard and put away wet'. Funny- the part the gal was most excited about was the 90s purple anodized seat QR. LOL, she was adamant that it was an original Campy part... :) She did have the story straight about early QRs from NorCal guys she'd met in Crested Butte BITD, and I get things confused and conflated these days myself... The D-A hubs were really nice under the gunk. Surprised I had the D-A cassette tool, wonder why I've had that all these years? Relaced the beat-up, mismatched rims with polished Rhyno Lites- figured they were the closest thing to RM-20s. Crank/BB/headset all good, once refurbished. 8s era barcons and XT r der. New chain, flipped the 6s cogset.

It really does ride nice, although I don't ride much anymore- even with the sky-high bars my screwed-up neck can barely tolerate a moderate ride. Oh well. Someday the next owner can take it to the next level, as it is it works really well.

1673748260009.jpeg

1673748311643.jpeg

1673748354787.jpeg

1673748419688.jpeg

1673748512872.jpeg

Back