When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

-
Was Mountain Klein a predecessor of the Klein brand... Or a parralell line early on? Or something completely different.

They must be the same to some extent because the frame construction is near identical with the press fit bb, boxed rear stays, and now that I see the mission control setup I am convinced, although a bit confused because I thought the mission control branded bar/stem came out after the Klein branded one that came on my 1990 pinnacle... Hmm

Last edited:
The Mountain Klein was the first Klein Mountain bike Gary offered for sale. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it was first offered in 1984, if not deffinately by 1985.

newbie intro - ie are these vintage ?

Where to start ... I'm new here at the CABE.. been into old bikes for ages, took years off ( marriage,divorce, cars,dating, etc ), now got the bug again and dug into the old stash in my dad's basement.
( note: when you have a small 1 br apartment, it helps to have a muscle car restorer, bodyman father with 3 bay garage and full walk in upstairs loft and every tool known to man :) ) .

So.. reason for this forum post.. ran into it and truthfully, never thought of mountain bikes as 'vintage'. but I have a few I picked up along the way, for parts, in lots I bought, etc. and it got me thinking. why not :)

pics attatched - dirty and need cleaned up, but here is a couple I have - worth rebuilding ? ( and where do I get info on correctness,parts,etc ? ) .

Nishiki Blazer and a Diamondback . ( more to come ? )

~ AL

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
I just picked up two Manitou HT frames from the same original owner, no cracks anywhere on either suprisingly, but both have a couple dents. one '95 and a '97

love the FS

I have a few MTB at this time. Only one saw the moutains.
This is a CCM Eagle from mid to late 80's. This one I got not a while ago. I got for free at recycling depot. Nothing was wrong with it just needed a new rider.
Eagle-1.jpg

This one I got in 1994 as my birthday gift. A CCM Black Ice. It went to the mountains and saw many km of road and even tried out on some freestyle and I had to stop because getting new rims was getting too expensive. I still have the guy and the original set of tires (Kenda) and a set of road tires. Same chain, same everything except the wheels. The picture is not of mine but it give a good idea of the bike look. Should I mention that I moved 2 bikes with my across the country and this one was one of them. They made them with bigger frame which fitted me just right. Even my Eagle doesn't fit me that well.
CCMBI.gif

I like my CCMs!

Last edited:
I finally got around to take a picture of the good old 1994 CCM Black Ice bike. It's on city tires at this time.

P1010047-1.jpg

Back