When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A pretty dumb generator question...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
This generator is on my Fendt bike...and I can't figure out how to make it swivel/contact wheel. The old-style ones had a thumb lever that released spring tension and caused it to swivel. This has no such lever - and I'm sure it's not missing. Anyone know how to get this thing to work? A simple mechanism that has me stumped. Thanks.

Thanks. That seems like good direction - but it doesn't want to work that way. Somehow, it's locked in the "away from the tire" mode - with no detectable release mechanism/methodology. As you can see in the picture, there's a slot that certainly suggests rotation. But it won't rotate...

Ok...mystery solved, with your asking for a look at the bottom. Nearly impossible to detect from my picture, the generator unit will rotate if pushed in an upward direction...freeing it the stop on the shaft from hitting the end of the semi-circular slot on the bottom. My big clue after seeing that, was the spring itself. It was there to create an up/down pressure on the shaft, yes? So I pushed up - and the generator moved (swung) as it should. Years of non-operation has made it cranky, so cleaning/WD-40/grease should ease it up. Unlike most old generators, this one doesn't tilt onto the wheel; it remains vertical and swivels over to make contact.Thanks.

Back