When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Proud New Ballooner Owner-- A Pre-War (Maybe?) Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
BTW, if anyone has any Carlisle Roadgrippers like this one they'd care to sell or trade for, do let me know, as I'd really like to keep some vintage rubber on this thing if at all possible (and I will put a posting up in the wanted section, too), and I really dig these tires.

thumbnail_IMG_8442 (1).jpg

Couldn’t wait to mess with the S2 rims that came with the bike, so I slapped the wheelset from my ‘46 Schwinn DX on Thorny this morning to see how it looked and rode. Nice on both fronts, though I discovered the front hub on THIS set is due for a rebuild as well…

IMG_8468.jpeg

IMG_8470.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

IMG_8466.jpeg

So, is there any way to accurately determine the model and age of this without the serial number? Any details that might make it unique and identifiable?

hard to say if it came with a tank,have not seen a hawthorne with this frame before.
fenders look post war,missing truss rods.

Last edited:
Back