When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question about the Higgin's Flightliner's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thankfully I'm going to get this old boy home in a couple weeks. The question I have is that when I break down the crank, headset, and front axle will I be looking at caged, or loose bearings. If they're loose I just want to know that I need to be careful, and not let any get away in the process. I know I'll need to have a correct count for new ones. Thanks for the help. BTW, I didn't mention the rear hub as I have better sense than to trust my shade-tree mechanical ability on a 2 speed kick back hub. I know a guy.......:)

One of my most used tools is a fairly big magnet taped to a long dowel rod. Found many a loose ball with it; and those are the ones that pop out of the retainer. Keep one of those magnetic dishes close by to keep the stuff in till you're ready to do something with them.

One of my most used tools is a fairly big magnet taped to a long dowel rod. Found many a loose ball with it; and those are the ones that pop out of the retainer. Keep one of those magnetic dishes close by to keep the stuff in till you're ready to do something with them.

Jeez, I got one of those nifty little magnetic bowls. Why didn't I think of that. :)

Even better than a tarp is an old beach towel. Balls don't bounce or roll on a towel. Magnets are a great idea, too.

That's a good idea also Andy. Got several of those in the basement right next to my work bench. So, if the old boy has loose bearings all of these good ideas combined should help in keeping my little balls from hitting the concrete. Bwahaha :)

Back