When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Roadmaster...Biting off more than I can chew!?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sludgeguy

Finally riding a big boys bike
cwc1.jpg
cwc2.jpg
cwc3.jpg

I got this "yard art" from a friend. Actually this one is in better shape than my last one, a 1920s or early 30s Rollfast. Going to start the fun loosening of the bolts.

The front forks are pretty thrashed, how much should I expect for replacement ones? Is there really any chance of straightening them.

Thanks,
Sludgeguy

I have seen worse bike be fixed up. The forks on my 38 bluebird were jest as bad as those so I think you can't straighten those and are great now. Go for it!

Wish I could find "yardart" like this. Has a bunch of parts for my next build! Let me know if you sell it.

Its never more than you can chew if its something you really want to do. anything can be fixed with enough time and patience.

What will amaze you after you put that boy back roadworthy is the amount of fun it is riding a crusty old timer around town. Don't even think of replacing them forks. they are easily straightened as "Rustjunkie" says.
Have fun!:)

Yeah, good advise so far. Take small bites & chew slowly. Nice bones, I like those frames.

It looks like a 4-gill frame, maybe a 38 Supreme. The Serial number should start with a "C"

A '38 Supreme would have the "Y" frame. I'm not sure this is a four gill frame either. The bonus is the reflector head badge though! Good luck with it--nothing time, money, and hard work can't fix. V/r Shawn

Back