When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Roadmaster...Biting off more than I can chew!?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1680147b7980543d6b49b43f6b8b52d7-1.jpg
5f7002450969d655049d07db46932e13-1.jpg

I thought these were 38 Catalog scans?

This is a case where I don't trust the ad. It is my understanding that the reflector badge was optional on any model. While the ad shows the tank and non-tank supremes with this badge if you look at the picture of the fork it shows an apple core badge? The reflector badge may have been available in '38 but I've never seen a '38 catalog to verify. I really think this was a time of transition for the apple core--these are mostly seen on '37/'38s. A measurement of the head tube would verify whether this is a four gill frame as the four gill head tube is the same as the girls head tube (longer than regular boys). Here is my '40 Model A aka Supreme/four gill. V/r Shawn

Attachments

• DSC_0008 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0008 - Copy.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0021 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0021 - Copy.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0023 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0023 - Copy.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0018 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0018 - Copy.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 135
I measured the head tube on mine, 6 1/2".
I also looked the frame over very carefully.
There is no indication of a tank having been on this bike. I will check for the serial number later, outta time now.
Was there a Men's Supreme made with out a tank? Is there any way to know if that is what I have?

THANKS,
Sludgeguy

Wow these bikes are really cool. The way the tank flows into the rear triangle and the straight bottom bar. Very neat.

That measurement sounds about right for a four gill. I'm currently in Cali on business or I'd measure mine for ya. Yes there was a tankless Supreme see above Model 3226 for tankless and Model 3326 for tank model. If this is a four gill it was a Supreme. I'm probably thinking a "D" or "E" serial #. V/r Shawn

I'm inclined to go with '39 due to no shock master and no provision for the ball headlight of a '40/'41. There is a ton of variety on the '39-41 model Supremes to include lighting and decals. I have the '37 cat, the '39 is online, and have a '40 but have never seen either a '38 or '41 which could answer some questions concerning Supremes of these years. V/r Shawn

Back