When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.S. Clamp

-

5760rj

I live for the CABE
have two Cadium A.S. seat post clamps and one Chrome, I thought they were all the same size, the difference between the two Cadium clamps is 1/8" while the chrome and the bigger cadium clamp match in width, the cadium and chrome nut on both are close, but the difference is the extension of the cadium nut that comes into contact with the clamp is also heavier and wider, both the chrome and larger cadium nut are NOS, the chrome bolt measures about 1 3/4" where the cadium bolt is 1 1/2"......just guessing but the cadium clamp feels heavier.
20190324_162142.jpg

20190324_162434.jpg

20190324_162648.jpg

20190324_163155.jpg

20190324_162631.jpg

Last edited:
Innies and outies! .............................The AS on the bolt head. I'm thinking the lightweights may have used a somewhat different clamp than the balloon frames.

Outies were from '46 and maybe a couple more postwar years. They're a little hard to find. I've seen them on a couple of the early postwar lightweights....
REC

Innies and outies! .............................The AS on the bolt head. I'm thinking the lightweights may have used a somewhat different clamp than the balloon frames.
if the cadium is 46 or so, then the chrome one is more modern then? possibly up to 59?

Back