When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A simple Question?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72895
  • Start date
-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always thought, that it would be fun, to make a full carbon fiber Elgin Bluebird.
I’d call it the Blackbird, and I’d clean it up a bit.
It would be a state of the art modern bike, with the grace and beauty of an old time classic.
It’d cost a fortune, but I wouldn’t do it to make any money.
Strictly a labor of love.

@Land O' Aches :
Joaquin:

With that kind of manufacturing capability why not make something really interesting? Like a 100% made in America balloon tire bicycle for the modern age?

Sure it would look like a Streamliner only better brakes, mounts for iPhones, led lights all that.

Getting every last detail right will require a staggering amount of work, even with digital scanners, Fusion 360 and 3D printing.

Look at what Janus Motorcycles is doing in Indiana...
Honestly I have had all ambition to do anything in the bicycle industry pummeled out of me years ago. I now do industrial design and development in industries where you can actually make a living (like aerospace & medical).
Besides that, do you know how to make a small fortune in the bicycle industry???

START WITH A LARGE ONE!!!! ;)

These days in any industry especially the restaurant business at least in Cali you start with a small fortune and slowly it gets whitled down to nothing in no time and living in your car!! On verge ourselves

Honestly I have had all ambition to do anything in the bicycle industry pummeled out of me years ago. I now do industrial design and development in industries where you can actually make a living (like aerospace & medical).
Besides that, do you know how to make a small fortune in the bicycle industry???

START WITH A LARGE ONE!!!! ;)
Basically need the "fort knox" fortune & then you still may lose your assets in the end

You know I have heard that the government has given refugee immigrants $30,000 to start a legal business. I don't know how reliable that is but I damn sure would like to try my hand in metal fab & wood working. Now days it's hard to be in business for yourself & working for somebody else 'cause they make their fortunes & cut bait a lot of times.

Forget now who it was. About two years ago a guy that owned a bike shop in Canton, GA came to my house to pick up a bike. He asked me if I knew how to make a million dollars in the bike business? He then said invest two million.

I remember how exciting manufacturing was at first. Then the hole plugging began for real...

Gotta love the enthusiasm the kids have for 3D printing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a confession...

I "baited" you guys!

There is NO WAY IN HELL that I would ever COUNTERFEIT classic old bicycles or even their parts!!! Anyone with fabricating/ machining skills that does in my openion is worse than a doushe bag! But I think I understand why some people "replicate" some old lights, chain guards, racks, & .etc... just because some TRUE collectors have exhausted all resources to find that last "thing" to finish of their Classic Build... That is if!!! "IF" they clearly acknowledge that the unique parts they are using are " repops"!
First off for the last 50 years... FIRST AND FOREMOST I've been a bicycle collector! AND for the last 40 years I have owned a bicycle company that had made complete bicycles, frames, forks, stems, handlebars, seat posts, seat post clamps, hubs, quick release squires, cranks, chainrings, pedals and the NASA astronaut "Hyper Gravity" Trainer. Heck at our "heyday" I had 1600 dealers in the US and distributed to 49 countries around the world!

Enough about that! Why are you staunch collectors willing to except BLATANT FORGERIES of my product and the people that BOAST ABOUT THEM on CABE???

You should be ashamed of yourself!
I greatly appreciate your post! It has given me a reason to find a different forum site. Yes, I feel foolish for even starting to read this thread thinking I might glean some useful information from it. That's all I come here for, and I won't have my time wasted by someone who feels it is appropriate to "bait" anyone here for any reason. Come out up front, first thing, and show your true intentions; I don't think it would have changed many comments prior to the "outing of yourself", but it may have changed some opinions others may have had towards you after the way you conducted yourself (is name calling, expletives, etc. really called for!) and hid your ulterior motive. Again, I thank you for providing the impetus for the removal of my account, and if possible, any material I may have contributed. To the rest of the members I apologize for this post which does nothing to forward the conversation. Take care and be safe everyone!

Respectfully, Howard
Ride Fast, Be Safe!

PS. To be factual Joaquin, if your attention to detail in your manufacturing is similar to your attention to detail regarding your grammar and spelling, you would not be receiving my business anyways; regardless of my initial desire for a product now knowing its source and level of diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back