When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A simple Question?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72895
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
A counterfeit of your product. You would have to be making frames for that to be possible, and you are not, which opens a big hole for people to fill. There are several other frames that are a LOT closer to a cooks that I would have bought if my intended purpose was to fake a cooks. Red Menace and we the people are two. If you had been honest with us from the start about owning CBR I could understand where you were coming from. Still don't understand the hate for the JTT cruisers. You are not making frames and these will NEVER cut the price of a cooks frame. Hell a bike just sold for $25k What the hell do you care what other people do when it does not effect you.

bikewhorder wrote:

Are you referring to this CB decal that looks like a copy of a Schwinn graphic from the 1930s, just like the frame Is a copy of a Schwinn frame?
Let me first state: I am not an intellectual properties attorney... However I sure have spent a lot of money on them over the years!

Yes, the Cook Bros. did a frame similar to a early Schwinn Cruiser, no doubt about that! Yes the Cook Bros. made decals that wings what were "kind of" like the older Schwinn decals... but not really. The geometry of the frame was completely different as well as the loop tail rear end, and most importantly the uncrushable rear brake bridge. Anyone with any mechanical or bicycle knowledge would agree that the Schwinn and the Cook Bros. cruiser frames are in no way "deceptively similar". Now over the years I had several people produce 3 bar cruisers that look a lot like Cook Bros. cruisers... Santa Barbara Cruisers, Kona, The guy down in San Fernando Valley, the folks over in Germany and most recently S&M. BUT they all made sure that they "looked like" a Cook Bros. Cruiser BUT also made sure that in no way they were "deceptively similar"! Over the years I've had good relations with several of these people and I wish them nothing but the best of luck!

Now you take Johnny! He has made EVERY effort to ride CBR's coattails! Going WAY beyond "deceptively similar" to make identical uncrushable rear brake bridges, turned head tubes and BB shells, even the CBR decals... 100% forgeries!

People that pull off that kind of underhanded nonsense are 100% "died in the wool" douche bags! It is all about INTEGRITY and he has NONE!!!

So in the end this is about using the forum to complain about someone making bikes that look like knock-offs of a knock-off? As Marty explained the Cook Bros frame is a straight rip-off of a Schwinn design. I'm obviously not a MTB guy but it seems to me Cook Bros. deliberately copied the Schwinn frame to capitalize on the popularity of the original klunkers built from prewar, Schwinn straight bar frames. Just sounds like sour grapes to me. If I could I'd get on a bike right now and go for a ride! V/r Shawn

bikewhorder wrote:

Let me first state: I am not an intellectual properties attorney... However I sure have spent a lot of money on them over the years!

Yes, the Cook Bros. did a frame similar to a early Schwinn Cruiser, no doubt about that! Yes the Cook Bros. made decals that wings what were "kind of" like the older Schwinn decals... but not really. The geometry of the frame was completely different as well as the loop tail rear end, and most importantly the uncrushable rear brake bridge. Anyone with any mechanical or bicycle knowledge would agree that the Schwinn and the Cook Bros. cruiser frames are in no way "deceptively similar". Now over the years I had several people produce 3 bar cruisers that look a lot like Cook Bros. cruisers... Santa Barbara Cruisers, Kona, The guy down in San Fernando Valley, the folks over in Germany and most recently S&M. BUT they all made sure that they "looked like" a Cook Bros. Cruiser BUT also made sure that in no way they were "deceptively similar"! Over the years I've had good relations with several of these people and I wish them nothing but the best of luck!

Now you take Johnny! He has made EVERY effort to ride CBR's coattails! Going WAY beyond "deceptively similar" to make identical uncrushable rear brake bridges, turned head tubes and BB shells, even the CBR decals... 100% forgeries!

People that pull off that kind of underhanded nonsense are 100% "died in the wool" douche bags! It is all about INTEGRITY and he has NONE!!!
Well I would wager that 98% of Cabe members couldn't tell a looptail Cook Brothers from a Mongoose if the decals were removed so bringing this to our attention was not the most judicious use of your time. But thanks for bringing the JTT cruiser to my attention. I want one now. https://www.truetorch.com

Sounds like this is all about expired patents or lack of ( mid 50's all the big names jumper on Schwinn's Cantilever after the 20 yr pat. exp. ) and I'm sure Cook Bros. name is copyright/trademark?, just like when Schwinn used Calif Cruiser & Klunker and we know how that went.

Last edited:
These are
A counterfeit of your product. You would have to be making frames for that to be possible, and you are not, which opens a big hole for people to fill. There are several other frames that are a LOT closer to a cooks that I would have bought if my intended purpose was to fake a cooks. Red Menace and we the people are two. If you had been honest with us from the start about owning CBR I could understand where you were coming from. Still don't understand the hate for the JTT cruisers. You are not making frames and these will NEVER cut the price of a cooks frame. Hell a bike just sold for $25k What the hell do you care what other people do when it does not effect you.
These are sweet! http://www.genuinebicycleproducts.com/

rm bike (4).jpg

2020-WTP-Avenger-cruiser_WeThePeople-Avenger-275-BMX-cruiser-4130-steel-modern-klunker-mountai...jpg

Looks like a Schwinn Heavy Duti to me. I almost bought another Schwinn for $25 which woulda made 2 complete of 3. I tore the Sierra down. Mtn bikes kinda got no style here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back