When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A simple Question?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72895
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
1605481551241.png

Now wait one minute you crazy Hodads! How many similar frames were there really? Maybe more than a few used this timeless design? We may never know.

Last summer I walked into JTT's shop looking for a repair on my stripped Shelby frame. He dropped all he was doing and repair-brazed the chain-stay for me. Didn't say much so I wondered if he liked my Shelby frame?

Last edited:
$1500 to much for a bike! I know collectors on this site that have collections with very few or no bikes that are that cheap.Their collections are worth more than my house.Are they morons? If you can not see spending that kind of money on the hobby I understand. But to sit behind your computer screen acting like a tough guy calling a person more than twice your age that you don't know a moron just proves my point, this site is losing its moral compass.
There are some bikes that I personally would pay that for if the $ & chance are there; Those JTT bikes? No Way in Hell. It's Not the same vintage or even close. Age has nothing to do with it. If it makes you happy to own it then F'what I think & if me thinking anyone who spent $1500 for a bike like that is a moron offends you then maybe you're ashamed of yourselves. I give no schwitts about those bikes as you can think what you want of me. Just stop with the keyboard bs 'cause some people would throw hands on you just as quick as you might want to throw them. Personally.

Different strokes for different folks.
You obviously haven’t walked into a quality bike shop lately.
The value of money ain’t what it used to be.
So, my advise to you, is to buy a bike you like and enjoy it, because they ain’t getting any cheaper.
That’s for sure!
$1,500 barely gets you a mediocre bike of any type of quality.
I walked into the local Specialized Super Store, and the first bad ass Gravel Bike I looked at, was $7,000!
It was cool, but, sticker shock to put it mildly.

I have been reading this because I like pointless drama ( housewife shows, bachelorette nonsense, 600 pound people etc.) but now I want one of those bikes. Fortunately I don't think there are any where I live. They look like a fun ride.

I have been reading this because I like pointless drama ( housewife shows, bachelorette nonsense, 600 pound people etc.) but now I want one of those bikes. Fortunately I don't think there are any where I live. They look like a fun ride.
I am sure you could pay & get it shipped. I mean if you want it for $1500 I am sure they could send it to Antarctica if need be

Here’s a little introspective into what your local bike shop is offering these days.

$1,200 barely gets you the base model, that you wouldn’t even want to get caught dead on!
$10,000 will get you started with the one you really want.
Come on!
You know, you want that bad boy!
Lol!

Here’s a little introspective into what your local bike shop is offering these days.View attachment 1302115
View attachment 1302116
View attachment 1302117
View attachment 1302118

$1,200 barely gets you the base model, that you wouldn’t even want to get caught dead on!
$10,000 will get you started with the one you really want.
Come on!
You know, you want that bad boy!
Lol!
I'd have way more fun with 10k than you would buddy; especially if you spent it on a bike. None of those bikes honestly entice me to wanna ride 1 though. Neither does the JTT. That was my point to begin with once someone called someone a moron. I agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back