When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A special project, a prewar Rollfast…

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Eddie, I've got some 20" NOS Carlisle Lightning Darts I'd like to give you for you granddaughter's bike if you want them. I sent you a phone text.

View attachment 1876600
Tim, @Tim the Skid you're awesome. Thank you my friend. We appreciate this. I'll reach out to you soon.
@Eddie_Boy I actually have the bike the badge was on. It's a red 1936 fastback with the collet seat post. Pretty rough but should be a nice patina bike. 4 or 5 projects back but someday it'll be on the road! Thanks for keeping this thread going! Cool to see!
@Gully, cool similar to the ad of a '36 Rollfast I posted above? Would love to see it; you know me....I like patina bikes.

@Eddie_Boy I love this project so much. For sure one of my favorite transformations on the CABE. I had no idea the amount of work that would go into this little bike would get when I pulled it out of that moldy basement. Just fantastic! My daughter is the same age as your granddaughter and I wish she had a grandpa as cool as you! Can't wait to see more pics from the ride.

@Eddie_Boy I love this project so much. For sure one of my favorite transformations on the CABE. I had no idea the amount of work that would go into this little bike would get when I pulled it out of that moldy basement. Just fantastic! My daughter is the same age as your granddaughter and I wish she had a grandpa as cool as you! Can't wait to see more pics from the ride.
Josh @dasberger I really appreciate this. I have you to thank for selling this old bike to us. We absolutely love this little guy, maybe me more than her. My office/den is already tight, but still made room so that I can see the bike occasionally while working. I'll share some pics of the SF ride soon.

Thanks again Josh @dasberger and for your kind words. I love everything about this project with her, and to join on this Rolling Relics SF ride with the Golden Gate Bridge together, very special indeed.

Can't wait to see more pics from the ride.

A few images from the ride...
01 @ Dynamo.jpg

Dynamo's Donuts and Coffee @ The Marina

02c Red's Java.jpg

@ Red's Java

03 Ride to Fisherman's Wharf.jpg

San Francisco Bay Bridge in the background

03a Ride to Fisherman's Wharf.jpg

04a @ Fisherman's Wharf.jpg

@ Fisherman's Wharf

05 Museum of Fine Arts.jpg

05a Museum of Fine Arts.jpg

on our way to the Museum of Fine Arts

05f Museum of Fine Arts.jpg

@ Museum of Fine Arts

06a to see Yoda.jpg

Yoda Statue @ George Lucas studios in Presidio

06c to see Yoda.jpg

Last edited:
One of my best moments of the day, riding on the Golden Gate Bride together for her very first time on our prewar Rollfast bikes.

07b to Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

Typical Golden Gate bridge very windy conditions. Very proud of her.

07d to Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

07e to Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

I hope she remembers this moment...

07f to Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

All downhill and down wind from here

07fa to Golden Gate Bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Last pics of the day

08 Warming Hut.jpg

@ the Warming Hut. Great photo ops of the Golden Gate bridge

08a Warming Hut.jpg

08b Warming Hut.jpg

08ca Warming Hut.jpg

She'll be riding this bike soon enough

08f Warming Hut - Copy.jpg

08g Warming Hut.jpg

One of the last things I added before this ride...this red toy Jet plane.

08h Warming Hut - Copy.jpg

I love this angle of the plane like flying across the Golden Gate bridge

09b Tunnel Park.jpg

09c back to Marina Greens.jpg

09d back to Marina Greens.jpg

This last picture says it all. @ the Warming Hut, my wife and her got this pin of the Golden Gate. She put it on my jacket reminding me of our day together. Thanks again to Chris @slick for hosting this awesome ride. What an incredibly fun and memorable day we had with family, friends, and the vintage bike community.

Last edited:
This is has been one of the best threads on the Cabe that I've read. This is what it's all about. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Back