When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Superior? True or False

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks,always cool to learn something new. I didnt know they made bikes during the war,I thought Columbia and Huffman had the exclusive on that
You haven't seen this then. It's on Findley's site.

1581841868690.png

Thanks,always cool to learn something new. I didnt know they made bikes during the war,I thought Columbia and Huffman had the exclusive on that
You haven't seen this then. It's on Findley's site.

View attachment 1140432
Thanks,No,I havent seen this and I've been on that site many times. Didnt realize much more info. there

Interesting that several of the war-time New Worlds pictured have the Superior-style fork crown (with the typical NW fork dropouts are the stamped rather than brazed). More evidence that the eBay bike was maybe a straight New World from the war-time era, and later updated.

Reactions: Miq
Interesting that several of the war-time New Worlds pictured have the Superior-style fork crown (with the typical NW fork dropouts are the stamped rather than brazed). More evidence that the eBay bike was maybe a straight New World from the war-time era, and later updated.

If this eBay New World was a war time frame it would have had the electro forged head tube and tube attachments at the head tube.

Here's an early war time New World head, everything is in Miq's thread posted above. J series serial number on this one. Also, a few earlier pieces in that thread have the same fork.

1581895005705.png

1581894950358.png

Interesting machine but why scratch out the serial number? I don't understand that. You can add the mod date without carving up the sn.

Back