When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Tale Of Two Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
I found a mid '50s Huffy bike on oldroads.com for $75.00 the guy said he called UPS and shipping would be $45.00. I paid $120.00 with paypal on June 9. I e-mailed him a few times to find out what was happening and kept getting the "it's going out this week" line. on July 13 he informed me that shipping was going to be $124.85. I told him to forget it I wasn't giving him a penny more send my money back. he e-mailed me telling me he didn't give refunds and never would. I still haven't got the bike yet. the guy's name is Gary "Gus" McFarland.
bouncefire.gif

the other bike was in response to a post I put in here at The Cabe looking for a Pre War Dayton rack. the guy sold me the whole bike, tank and all for a very reasonable price. the shipping had to be much more than he quoted me. well I sent the money order off July 23. the bike showed up today August 3. this guys name is Mike Morrissey aka The Neighbor here at The Cabe.:D

so what is the morale of the story? is it that Daytons are easier to get than Huffys? Right!!:rolleyes: or maybe The Cabe attracts better people than Oldroads. I don't think so I've never had trouble with anyone at Oldroads. or maybe it's Paypal, though I seriously doubt it.I think all it proves is that you have to be careful who you deal with. some of these guys are great to deal with some are scumbag crooks. long ago I posted a list of people I have dealt with that were great guys I have to put Mr. Morrissey at or near the top and "Gus" doesn't make it at all even if the bike shows up after all though I doubt it ever will. I'm just glad I didn't send the extra shipping money.

Last edited:
So Paypal wouldn't do anything for you?? I have never been stiffed on a bike or part until lately. Guy had 100% feedback, and suddenly became unregistered while I was waiting for my violet schwinn grips to ship. I emailed him asking if he was going to clear up the NR status and asked if the grips had shipped yet. I got a pretty courteous email saying it was just a snafu on the NR, and the grips would be shipping soon. Mind you this was 8 days after the auction, which ended and was paid for in full within 10 minutes of winning them. I never received the grips, or another email from him. I waited until last Saturday morning, and filed with Paypal. The auction ended on the 10th, or was it 11th of July?

If any of your deal can be saved tell "Gus" to try fedex. I got quoted $123 at UPS, and $31 for the exact same box at Fedex, on the same day!!

Or you could go kick his door in, and take the bike at baseball bat errrr,,,,point? lol!

Back