When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A visit to the original Schwinn factory

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What a treat that must have been for you guys.
I’m sure Pat was just as excited to see that original old bike, as it was for you guys to get a chance to see the original old building where it was made.
As Patric would say, I took the liberty, of adding some horsepower to a couple of your pictures.
I hope you don’t mind.
I encourage everyone to visit Shawn’s site and read all about his visit to the old original home of AS&Co.

Wow!
It still has, The World Cycles painted on the side of the building.
That is fantastic!
Thank you, Shawn.

What a treat that must have been for you guys.
I’m sure Pat was just as excited to see that original old bike, as it was for you guys to get a chance to see the original old building where it was made.
As Patric would say, I took the liberty, of adding some horsepower to a couple of your pictures.
I hope you don’t mind.
I encourage everyone to visit Shawn’s site and read all about his visit to the old original home of AS&Co.
View attachment 1208650
View attachment 1208649
Wow!
It still has, The World Cycles painted on the side of the building.
That is fantastic!
Thank you, Shawn.
Yea Pat said there are plans to restore the banner at the top of the building. Maybe by the next time I get up there it will be done. V/r Shawn

Thank you for sharing this. It's great to know that the building is still there and being appreciated. I love history, and connecting the past with the present. Very cool to see your old Schwinn make a return visit to its birthplace.

The signage has held up pretty well considering it's well over a hundred years old and still shines through.. Ignaz would be PROUD!! Razin..

Back