When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Whizzer Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Is the dog leg crank used for the same off set reasons?
Someone was just discussing a double dog leg crank. I do not know about the older Whizzers but modern remakes have designs in place to prevent issues so I would think so. I know modern non Whizzer kits usually need wider crank sets .... when I do a 110cc Honda Cub motor clone it will require a wide crank setup if I keep it a bicycle

These are probably dull questions but I gotta ask. Whizzer stuff. I have a forties bike and was told when I bought it that it had "the dimpled frame". What exactly is that? Second bit, it seems the springer on my bike is larger. I'm told the spokes and rims should also be beefier. My understanding that Schwinn did not start factory building Whizzers until 1949 (mine is a 1945 I think). So third question, did the owner specify to the store that they wanted a 'Whizzer ready" bike to be fitted by that dealer in order to get the beefier bits?
Mine has the dimple on the lower bar as Ron Nichols stated for sheave clearance and also a dimple on the upper bar for belt clearance !

4-24.JPG

4-23..JPG

Well alright then. That is great intel and much appreciated. I am trying to build some knowledge on this marque so as to do mine justice while I rebuild it. CABErs are a gold mine of information and experience and I am grateful for all and any nuggets of knowledge shared. Such an interesting and rewarding pre occupation. That these jewels are older than me predisposes me to respect them.

Back