When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Whizzer Wins First Place At World Of Wheels

-

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
The two motorized rubber band Gatling guns were the real stars drawing people from across the convention floor, The red Schwinn bike and cut/a/way motor taught kids and adults how an engine works. Everything was phone photoed about three times each minute for the 25 hours of display. I let kids hold the guns and figure out how they worked. You can google: alex rubber band machine gun for a video of how they work.
This setup cost next to nothing compared with the $60,000 bikes that were not user friendly for spectators. You couldn't get close to them while my junk had countless finger prints all on my powder-coated knock-around rider.
IMG_6640.JPG
IMG_6642.JPG
IMG_6644.JPG
IMG_6645.JPG
IMG_6646.JPG

I've got an extra gun so I should have my grand daughter fire it backwards as a tail gunner. One person asked if my wife knew that the carpet was missing. We took it out of our vacation rental house. The bike is Chinese red like the Red Baron's plane.
Each of the 18 barrels shoots one rubber band each as it turns and the entire unit spins in a blur as the motor winds up the string. These barrels are only 1/3 loaded. An automatic loader reloads one barrel at a time. The whole gun was cut out on a CNC machine and assembled in the Ukraine.

Last edited:
The guns have come and gone several times. I takes a few minutes to change the handlebars/gooseneck. It was designed for the kids who attended the show. They had their pictures taken with the guns at the only interactive space in the 1,000 space show. They should have a sense of wonder beyond looking at a cell phone image.

Last edited:
The guns have come and gone several times. I takes a few minutes to change the handlebars/gooseneck. It was designed for the kids who attended the show. They had their pictures taken with the guns at the only interactive space in the 1,000 space show. They should have a sense of wonder beyond looking at a cell phone image.

It's pretty apparent who the biggest kid is.

Back