When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A year without Paul Genaro

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
I can't believe Paul has been gone for a year. I still miss him everyday. Catfish

Paul was truly a legend in the bicycle hobby. And Icon and a Pioneer. He was one of my oldest, and longest bicycle Brothers. We picked together all over the north east. And we travelled to many swap meets together. Shared more hotel rooms than I can remember. And we ate a lot of food. Paul loved food.

He was often misunderstood, and some people were a little put off by his grizzly appearance. Despite his looks, he was a gentile giant with a kind heart. And his passion for the hobby was hard to beat.

He was a great mentor and a true Brother.

Rest in peace my Brother,

Catfish

So, lets hear your favorite Paul story. And if you have photos of Paul - please post them.

Even though the venue has changed I still think Memory Lane isn't the same without Paul. We always had at least a few discussions during the few days there and were in touch regularly via email or phone about bike stuff throughout the year. A truly significant loss both for the hobby and personally. RIP Paul. V/r Shawn

Yep!
It’s crazy, how you can just be living day to day, thinking everything is forever, then all of the sudden, the guy you thought you’d be seeing and hearing from again, is just gone.
I feel sad about Paul’s death, but I know, he would be happy, that we are still thinking about him, and walking past those Mesinger Superba saddles and Torrington Battery Bars without a second glance.
He’d be nudging you in the ribs and saying, Hey, look at that guy!
He didn’t even see that Superba saddle.
Then he’d stick his foot out to send you to the ground, while he casually walked over to see how much the guy was asking for it.

We love you Paul!
You’re always in our hearts and minds.

Sam, Larkin and Paul, I met them all at the Charlestown swap meet under I-95. Sullivan Square back in the 90's. The guy Dan was also quite the character .
Paul always looked intimidating because of his glasses .One lense scratched out .He was a big dude and most of the time had that beard to boot.
I'm not much of a social person, but enjoyed talking with him at Copake . That's where he told me the story of losing his eye. OUCH !!

Usually set up next to Catfish where both had quality items.

Wow,,,can't grasp that he's been gone a year already. Swap meets will not be the same without seeing him there.

Thanks to Catfish for starting this post.....

Sam, Larkin and Paul, I met them all at the Charlestown swap meet under I-95. Sullivan Square back in the 90's. The guy Dan was also quite the character .
Paul always looked intimidating because of his glasses .One lense scratched out .He was a big dude and most of the time had that beard to boot.
I'm not much of a social person, but enjoyed talking with him at Copake . That's where he told me the story of losing his eye. OUCH !!

Usually set up next to Catfish where both had quality items.

Wow,,,can't grasp that he's been gone a year already. Swap meets will not be the same without seeing him there.

Thanks to Catfish for starting this post.....
Thanks.

I was just thinking about the "Under the bridge show". Those were wild times.

The last time I saw Paul was at the ML 2018 Spring meet. He was a little wobbly on his feet and wasn't feeling well, but he was the same old Paul, larger than life. The first time I saw Paul, was at the last Perrysburg ML meet. He was in a little Nissan (?) packed full of bike stuff, with his new puppy "Stinky!"
There is an old saying that the worse thing about the bike hobby are the people in it. Also the best thing, about the bike hobby, are the people in it.
Paul was Paul, a good guy.
In the picture, he is standing right behind Catfish, with the hat.

Back