When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acorn Icecream Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

billmille

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am at the final stages of my Acorn tricycle restoration. I had replaced new steel on the bottom and insulation. The rust and dents have been restored and with very little body filler. Getting ready for paint and striping. Could use an original fender and guard. I have an original 22 1/2" wheel that needs cleaned up. One spoke broke. This wheel is original to 40's and 50's for these carts.

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00964.JPG

The wheel measures 22 1/2" inside lip. I had removed all of the 3 coats of paint except for the last coat. Found 4 vintage decals or painted ice cream ads. Howdy Doody Icecream on the front. The decal on the side is an ice-cream sold in Cleveland in the 1940's. Example of an original complete decal.

DSC00759.JPG

DSC01563.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

DSC01665.JPG

DSC01466.JPG

DSC02588.JPG

DSC02646.JPG

DSC02645.JPG

DSC02644.JPG

I think it is almost impossible to find parts for these. I don't think I will be reproducing these decals. I am not an artist and it would cost too much money to have it done. I do need a fender and a chain guard though. I am not sure which one it had on it when built. Thanks

You didn't have a freezer so you had to move fast and sell it or eat it all before it melted? Lots of ice with a water exhaust hole? Great job! You are a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Last edited:
Back