When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actually Riding Your Classic or Antique Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I ride all my bikes and enjoy it very much. When I had my 55 Chevy I drove it around mostly on the weekends in good weather. To each their own if they don’t want to ride these old timers but I do.
They were made to be ridden not hidden like this one today, 12 relaxing miles on this Rollfast old timer.

This is Nuts. I ride vintage only. I believe there’s a Thread on bikes you don’t ride !

View attachment 1430057
As Niiice as That Is❗ 💯% Would Ride It Often😉

I would take Verrry Good Care of It & Not let anyone potentially mess it up but more enjoyment than jus' staring at it❗

Hell my '64 Columbia Rat Rod makes me Nervous with silly heads following so close on my bicycle hitch rack BUT if they Hit It I'm getting full value replacement funds or their ass is mine😐

I only own bikes to ride. 🚴‍♀️ 🙂 And wrench. 🤣
Big hills & mountains around here = east of Seattle.
Like the last 1.5 miles of every ride = 500 vertical feet to home.
Gears on every bike, and still not easy, but that's the point.
All 40-50 year old bikes (youngsters) pictured.
AustroDaimler, Mondia Super, Harding (Holdsworth), Bottecchia.
My oldest is only 60+ yo.

edit: thanks to Jeff R (not sure if he is affiliated) for rolling pics. Another Navy vet, tho I only did minimum 4+, vs his career.
AD - rolling w jeff dd (2).JPG

Fenders 'n flaps help on those wet days ^^^
Riding w Jeff.jpg

rolling w Jeff.jpg

SteelisReal (2).jpg

Last edited:
My big prewar single speeds are tough to ride with my bad knees and girth-ness (275 pounds of girth!) but have gotten some relief by changing the chain ring to one off a girls bike. Several teeth less on the chain ring really makes a difference! (Requires removing a link or two out of your chain, usually)

My big prewar single speeds are tough to ride with my bad knees and girth-ness (275 pounds of girth!) but have gotten some relief by changing the chain ring to one off a girls bike. Several teeth less on the chain ring really makes a difference! (Requires removing a link or two out of your chain, usually)
I haven't counted the teeth on the Columbia but I am kinda worried If I swap over to a 3 piece setup I'll lose that easy pedaling I have now. I want to maybe run 2 chain rings if I can; somewhere between 36-48 or as close to what's on it give or take jus' a few. Also don't wanna change the chain ring too drastically appearance wise either. Don't wanna pedal it & not get anywhere nor have to torque it & myself to exhaustion. I wanna start working on those 10+ mile rides 1 way without bein' beat down.

did that with my DX. smaller in the front and bigger in the back. I don't know what Schwinn and others were thinking. 50 pound bikes with hard gears for 100 pound kids.

My Columbia has 47 teeth up front and 20 in the back. Is this a common setup? I have the bike apart servicing things so I can’t comment yet how easy or hard it peddles.

Back