eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Demzie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have any Advertisements covering the 1937/1938 Cleveland Welding Double Bar Roadster models?
I'd love to see one All Original and restored or at least all complete and correct if not restored.

Erin

island schwinn

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This is mine. Original except tires and guard is off a girls bike.
FB_IMG_1589414953667.jpg

Demzie

I've got a few of your picks saved of this.
As I understand, most of these models didnt leave the factory with a tank, huh?

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
View attachment 1194720

I gave this a pass out of financial reach recently. It so closely resembled a Snaptank Colson I just couldnt.
A good library is indespensible and pays for itself pretty quickly if you mess with this old stuff very much. Yea that still blows my mind how well that snap tank fit that frame--as good as it would a Colson! This bike left last week for a new home. V/r Shawn

Demzie

A good library is indespensible and pays for itself pretty quickly if you mess with this old stuff very much. Yea that still blows my mind how well that snap tank fit that frame--as good as it would a Colson! This bike left last week for a new home. V/r Shawn
It's a brilliant fit, no doubts.
I saw that it sold and I'm so happy something that wicked found a keeper that was able to give it the love it deserved.
I read somewhere else here in the Cabe a Very small amount of these were sold from factory with tank but they did make them and they Were CWC specific.

Theres a whole write up here somewhere. I just saw it digging around last night.

Erin

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Thanks for posting Mike.
Not to be confused with the roadster style frame which never came equipped with a tank.

The above bikes are known as hang tank’s and have the bottom bar lowered to accept this thank.

Interestingly, this style bike was never offered in any Roadmaster catalog that I am aware of. However, my former cream/blue bike above is the only one that I have seen badged and decaled as a Roadmaster. All the other hang tank bikes that I have documented are badges for various venders.

My blue/red bike above is badged “ELITE”

This same style bike is cataloged by Hawthorne as a Comet made by CWC.

Last edited: