When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adler Anyone?

-

TonyD

Finally riding a big boys bike
In Memoriam
I’ve had this bike for many years and I have never found any info on it. Steel lugged frame with 28” aluminum wheels and fenders. I’m going to post pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-----

This is a German badge.

There is also an Adler typewriter marque.

Do not know if the two may have a common parent.

Adler is German for eagle.

-----

1582755344389.png

1582757455540.png
1582755355142.png

Last edited:
It's an Adler Dreigang- three speed in the bottom bracket. The headbadge back plate and lugwork are different than I have seen before. If the rear hub is a Torpedo there might be a date on the shell and inner components. If you are interested I can send you a rough translation (by me) of the service booklet for the later gearbox. Just PM me with your e-mail. You have the earlier version of the shifter. I suspect the wheels were swapped out at some time. A German bike board at https://www.altesrad.net/phpBB3/ has some good information.

-----

This is a German badge.

There is also an Adler typewriter marque.

Do not know if the two may have a common parent.

Adler is German for eagle.

I don’t know how to read German but I love the pretty pictures, thank you so much.
-----

this one looks like a single-speed?

Short thread on the hub for a cog. Nothing there at the moment. No brakes. I have an aluminum rear fender that says Adler and has the cool bird emblem on it.

Back