When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adler Anyone?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TonyD

Finally riding a big boys bike
In Memoriam
I’ve had this bike for many years and I have never found any info on it. Steel lugged frame with 28” aluminum wheels and fenders. I’m going to post pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-----

This is a German badge.

There is also an Adler typewriter marque.

Do not know if the two may have a common parent.

Adler is German for eagle.

-----

1582755344389.png

1582757455540.png
1582755355142.png

Last edited:
It's an Adler Dreigang- three speed in the bottom bracket. The headbadge back plate and lugwork are different than I have seen before. If the rear hub is a Torpedo there might be a date on the shell and inner components. If you are interested I can send you a rough translation (by me) of the service booklet for the later gearbox. Just PM me with your e-mail. You have the earlier version of the shifter. I suspect the wheels were swapped out at some time. A German bike board at https://www.altesrad.net/phpBB3/ has some good information.

-----

This is a German badge.

There is also an Adler typewriter marque.

Do not know if the two may have a common parent.

Adler is German for eagle.

I don’t know how to read German but I love the pretty pictures, thank you so much.
-----

this one looks like a single-speed?

Short thread on the hub for a cog. Nothing there at the moment. No brakes. I have an aluminum rear fender that says Adler and has the cool bird emblem on it.

Back