When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice: 195x schwinn traveler

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Another one said to be a 56. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-1956-traveler.93166/

If any of these have a September or earlier 56 SN then I'd have to say this decal package began on the 56 model year.

img_20160701_104039074-jpg.jpg

I can't quite make out the serial number. :p

img_20160701_104045508-jpg.jpg

Good Discussion. I have decided to provide additional photos.

This is what the condition of my decals look like up close.
IMG_5188.JPG

And also my serial number:

IMG_5190.JPG

When purchased used it also had this generator and headlamp. (Note: They were moved onto another bike).

4.JPG

1.JPG

5.JPG

I hope this additional information helps.

Last edited:
Good Discussion. I have decided to provide additional photos.

This is what the condition of my decals look like up close.
View attachment 880914

And also my serial number:

View attachment 880919

When purchased used it also had this generator and headlamp. (Note: They were moved onto another bike).

View attachment 880928

View attachment 880929

View attachment 880930

I hope this additional information helps.

Thanks for posting the pic of the decal and the SN. Do you have a good shot of the seat mask decal? If the decals on your bike are original that would indicate that the decal scheme on the Traveler was changed for the 56 model year and not for the 57 model year.

Seat Mask Decal?I'm not familiar with that term, but have the bike in my hallway and could take additional photos.

edit: I think I figured it out. This is whats left of the decal under the tube that leads to the seat. There is not much left.
1.JPG

Last edited:
Seat Mask Decal?I'm not familiar with that term, but have the bike in my hallway and could take additional photos.

edit: I think I figured it out. This is whats left of the decal under the tube that leads to the seat. There is not much left.

Yah, me either. lmao ... Seat mast or seat tube. But I never ever call a Ballooner a heavyweight.

Sure looks like original markings to me! So 56 it is!

Back