When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice needed for TOC project

-

Pondo

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'd like to do a TOC project as these bikes are super cool and I love the time period and the lines of the bikes. I don't want a museum piece but rather a bike I can actually ride, and ride in the mountains at that. I live in steep country. I'd like to use mostly period parts along with maybe a 2 speed kickback hub and 700c wheels. I'm kind of just looking for a neat, fun to ride TOC bike that won't break the bank. Does a $600-$700 budget sound reasonable? Any recommendations for frame type, brand, model?

Also these frame seem to be typically pretty tall. I have a 29 1/2" inseam. Can I realistically fit on a 24" TOC frame? Here's a couple projects I've been considering:

A bike I admire (pic from CABE:(

Thanks!

Also, if anyone has any project stuff they would be interested in selling, please let me know. Thanks!

One thing about frame size: 24" seat tube with a lucky 7 seat post isn't the same as 24" with the seat further back like on modern bikes. The actual stretch to the pedals is lower with the saddle forward. Also, your pants inseam isn't the same as your pubic bone height.

Back