When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice needed for TOC project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you want a 2 speed kickback (my current favorite hub) you cant go wrong with a new Sturmey Archer S2 or S2C.
They are cheap too in comparison to the older stuff. Cog changes are easy also. I currently have one on a 27" wheel set with a 48t F/sprocket and 20t R/cog giving a real good flat land ratio. Gear spacing is 30% over drive.
I particularly like the S2C since you dont need and other brakes on the bike. The brake is more than a coaster, It will easily coast to a stop or lock up the rear wheel.
I do have a Yellow band Bendix 2 speed for a lightweight wheel if you want one of those.

There are other options for wood rims, also from Italy.
CB Italia also make them, at a much cheaper price than the Cerchio Ghisallo option.

Although they don't have the internal carbon fibre strengthening band.
They are good quality though.

You could always fit a period foot operated rear brake too......
View attachment 1431658
That foot brake would be awesome! Thanks for the link on wood rims too, I will investigate. I love wood rims. I'd like to learn the faux wood paint technique too, at some point.

If you want a 2 speed kickback (my current favorite hub) you cant go wrong with a new Sturmey Archer S2 or S2C.
They are cheap too in comparison to the older stuff. Cog changes are easy also. I currently have one on a 27" wheel set with a 48t F/sprocket and 20t R/cog giving a real good flat land ratio. Gear spacing is 30% over drive.
I particularly like the S2C since you dont need and other brakes on the bike. The brake is more than a coaster, It will easily coast to a stop or lock up the rear wheel.
I do have a Yellow band Bendix 2 speed for a lightweight wheel if you want one of those.
I really like the idea of a 2 speed kickback to keep the handlebars clean. I'll PM you on that Bendix. Thanks!

Also, if anyone has any project stuff they would be interested in selling, please let me know. Thanks!
$350 shipped
'37 Colson

0509211922~2.jpg

Back