When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on buyer not responding

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikiba

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
hey guys

so i have a buyer of a bike say the chain guard screw was stripped and a t8 black out pedal was "sticky" asked me for $70 which was 20% of the sale price. So i let it go to ebay to make a decision, ebay refunded the guy after i made my case. so now the guy has a refund from ebay and the bike. Ebay then says i owe them the money so they try to pull the money from my bank account. The weird thing is that they closed out what i owed them, but it doesnt show on my bank account. I called the bank and they said nothing was requested across this or any other account. they confirmed with the ACH department and called me back too. [ pretty nice service ]

The first pic used to say -390.00. After they confirmed they got the money it went to 0. Has anyone seen this before?
Screenshot 2021-10-04 10.43.45 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-10-04 10.43.09 AM.png

So now to get the bike back, do i call the police in his town and say he has my property? I obviously know where he lives and have the return receipts etc. I filed a complaint with ebay, but it is just so painful, i cant get a number for them to call me back and I have a feeling they are going to say too bad so sad to me.

any advice would be appreciated!!

and yes this is the worst ebay experience i have had to date ;(

If you know where he lives , it is probably not even his address . Be very careful there are many scams and lots of people who know how to get your money. Some of the fraud , Is very crafty . Wpb , WANTED SUPER STREAMLINE or Fleetwood

Did the money actually go into your account, or was it just "pending" with eBay? Ebay has, for some time, had the habit of holding your money until they close out the sale. Sellers who sold a lot and had good feedback might get the money faster, but a regular seller usually was subject to eBay holding onto the funds until the matter closed. Hence you would not see the money deducted from the account because it never really made it there, and instead they just refunded what was sitting in their system.

This kind of refund scheme is all-too-common on eBay, and it's a risk all sellers take from time to time.

I doubt you'll get far in a criminal complaint, unless this is a known bad actor with a scammer history. If this is a low value, one-off thing, you'll probably be told to bring a civil suit to recover the item, or a small claims action to recover money. But if this guy is a known problem and scamming many people, a criminal complaint might bring action because these guys do eventually get on the radar if they keeping doing it.

Did the money actually go into your account, or was it just "pending" with eBay? Ebay has, for some time, had the habit of holding your money until they close out the sale. Sellers who sold a lot and had good feedback might get the money faster, but a regular seller usually was subject to eBay holding onto the funds until the matter closed. Hence you would not see the money deducted from the account because it never really made it there, and instead they just refunded what was sitting in their system.

This kind of refund scheme is all-too-common on eBay, and it's a risk all sellers take from time to time.

I doubt you'll get far in a criminal complaint, unless this is a known bad actor with a scammer history. If this is a low value, one-off thing, you'll probably be told to bring a civil suit to recover the item, or a small claims action to recover money. But if this guy is a known problem and scamming many people, a criminal complaint might bring action because these guys do eventually get on the radar if they keeping doing it.
hey Mike - long time

Yeah the crazy thing is i do have the money in my account. It got sent over at the start of sept. It is an account i only use for ebay. Not that i sell more than like 10 things a year, but i wanted to keep it segregated. They sent me a note saying my account was negative [ it showed -390 ] and that they were going to hit my "preferred payment" account if i didnt move money in. Then i got a note yesterday that it was completed. So i checked today and nothing is out and nothing requested

im wondering since i made so many complaints to ebay... even before he filed the return i told them he was trying to extort me for money... maybe they just closed it and didnt try to get the money?

i went into the bank on Sat and asked the guy what to do... he said IMMEDIATELY we can dispute it. I was a bit taken aback, he said it is happening ALL THE TIME.

Its unfortunate because it just has such a wide reach, like i love buying stuff off of it personally. oh well.

Back