When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on Pierce Bottom Bracket /Crank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
here is what they look like inside.

It is a tapered shaft, no key.

Good luck with it.

View attachment 1242094
I wish mine was a straight taper and didn't have that woodruff key all cock-eyed and jammed in there. At least I have this catalog image as a guide.

I see that key now, dang it, that isn't any fun.

Heat hasn't helped break things loose then?

Too bad you can't get the key to pop forward from pressure on the rear of it.

I see that key now, dang it, that isn't any fun.

Heat hasn't helped break things loose then?

Too bad you can't get the key to pop forward from pressure on the rear of it.
When I first tried to pull it apart 5 years ago I tried pushing it back through. It looks like someone drove it too far in via the key/slot at some point way back. It may come to drilling it out but I'm willing to give it more time with heat, tapping, penetrant etc. It's been sitting for 3 days while we moved our daughter back to school up in Arcata. I've got all day tomorrow. ;) Might have to switch from the heat gun to a torch but I should be patient. It took me three weeks of liquid wrench and heat to free up all the spoke nipple so they would turn to true the rims. It was worth it, only one spoke went 'ping' and when I looked at it with a hand lens it was 2/3rds rusted through anyway.

Back