When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on repaired S7 wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TehKernal

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all, I recently picked up a 1968 Schwinn Twinn that's in all right shape. The rear rim has a crack that looks like it's been repaired. I don't mind using it as long as it'll hold up, but I'd hate to put any effort into cleaning it up if it's just going to fail on me later on. So what does everyone think, should I replace the rim, or will it be fine?

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

Well, shoot. That's kinda what I was thinking, but was hoping to hear otherwise. So the next question, should I look for an S7 rim with holes large enough to accommodate the heavy duty spokes, or can I take a regular S7 rim and drill the holes larger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, shoot. That's kinda what I was thinking, but was hoping to hear otherwise. So the next question, should I look for an S7 rim with holes large enough to accommodate the heavy duty spokes, or can I take a regular S7 rim and drill the holes larger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a regular rim and see if the holes are the same size. I put some .105 spokes on a regular S2 rim and they fit.

I have a bundle of NOS Heavy Duty (.105 ga) S-7 rims if you want the real McCoy.
the standard S-7's are usually sloppy enough to accommodate the 105 nipples tho..

Back