When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on Selling Stuff

• Thread starter Deleted member 72895
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, I will be selling 3 or 4 of them complete. Its going to be a couple of months from now though. I've got to find the time to give them some "loving"... They have been in my collection since the early 80's and need "spit & polish". THEY ARE 100% era correct ( I'd say 100% stock, but I had fitted all my 40's/ 50's cruisers with Torrington Half-Moon bars when i bought them).

I'll post them in the for sale section when they are ready!

Yes, I will be selling 3 or 4 of them complete. Its going to be a couple of months from now though. I've got to find the time to give them some "loving"... They have been in my collection since the early 80's and need "spit & polish". THEY ARE 100% era correct ( I'd say 100% stock, but I had fitted all my 40's/ 50's cruisers with Torrington Half-Moon bars when i bought them).

I'll post them in the for sale section when they are ready!
Just curious because I live central coast as well and you said you don’t want to ship. 😄

I am at time in my life that I REALLY want to pare down and start actively selling A LOT of my "stuff"!

So regarding my bicycle stuff...

I live on the Central Coast of California (half way between "Hell-A" and the bay area) and don't particularly want to package/ship or have "$$$ wired into my account".

* What is the best/ personable way to "work" with a buyer?

* How much more is a "west coast" collector willing to spend (percentage %)?

* I have several items that are in "original condition" (40's ~50's) and... Need re-plating! Do I re-plate (100% top shelf), or sell as is?

* Do you think I should even try to sell the hand full of 40's Schwinn high flange hubs that I modified with custom axles and sealed bearings... Or would that be "blasphemy"?

View attachment 1768042
I would say "west coast buyers" don't necessarily "pay more", but there are more of them.....with fair prices, most stuff sells.....it certainly helps if you ship and also take some form of online payment.....

Thank You All For Your Patience!

I have gotten on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/caj_remtiw/ and am trying to "wrap my head around" these modern sales avenues. If you are looking for something in particulate, please feel free to PM and ask if I may have it. However, a fair word of warning! I have little/ no patience for "low ballers" and kooks that want to waste my time!

CBR_Cruzer.JPG

Last edited:
What can I say? I've been buying/ selling/ trading bikes and parts for last 52 years... Just not the "on-line" way!

Why "beat around the bush"!

Thank You All For Your Patience!

I have gotten on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/caj_remtiw/ and am trying to "wrap my head around" these modern sales avenues. If you are looking for something in particulate, please feel free to PM and ask if I may have it. However, a fair word of warning! I have little/ no patience for "low ballers" and kooks that want to waste my time!

View attachment 1820311

I would say the greatest way to waste your time and everyone else's is to ask people to PM you to ask if you have something. Make a list. Take good well lit detailed Pics. Decide what you would and wouldn't take for it and price accordingly. Mark prices "Firm" or "OBO" if you're open to offers.

Instead of asking how to sell items I would just do it the way you have been buying, selling and trading bike stuff for 52 yrs. You probably know more about selling than most people. Don't forget everyone loves a good deal. GLWYS. Did you quit the Cabe and then rejoin with a different avatar Mar. 13th 2023.

Last edited:
Back