When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on some serious wheel cleaning.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have one of these with big wire wheels. ;)

Oa and chrome don't go well together in my experience, comes out creamy looking and ruins spokes for sure!

I had a couple of rims looking somewhat like yours and scraped most of the gunk off with a flat head screwdriver then hit it with a wire wheel. I soaked the rim a section at a time in Evaporust that works like magic at removing rust. It’s not cheap but can be reused multiple times and will not harm chrome. I primered the interior rim to keep rust from returning.

Wire wheel, 1" Gorilla tape wrap, rubber rim strip if you jus' wanna & tube tire. Done. Chrome Really sucks because it does this & anything like fix a flat just speeds up the damn process it seems

I know this is an older thread,but I would love to see the way in which you guys are soaking wheels. Wading pool?

I have soaked wheels 1/2 way at a time in a commercial sized stainless steel foot massager but it takes a lot of solution if you add lots of water diluting it too. Have done it in a cheap plastic bathtub before. I have used lemon scented oven cleaner (the weak stuff) sprayed a painted white with blue pinstripe wheel & let it soak overnight before hitting it with a nylon tire brush; surprisingly took a lot off without hurting the pinstripe

Back