When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advise on changing back TOC track bike

-

colonelpowers

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello friends,
I wanted to see what your opinion is regarding a bike that I just acquired. It is a ca. 1905-1910 track bike built by W.T. Bradbury of Richmond, Indiana. I was told that this bike was acquired from Mr. Bradbury's estate after he died at age 79 in 1949 and that this was ole of his personal bikes. He was an old time racer and apparently rode this bike until near his death. Since he was no longer racing in his old age he changed out some things. He changed from single tube 28 rims to italian tubulars and added a coaster brake. He kept the adjustable drop bars but added a nice comfortable spring saddle.

i wanted to see if you all would leave it alone for the sake of history, since this is how the original builder rode it in the 40s or would you change it back to how it would have been when it was built.

just curious. Thanks and God Bless.

Back