When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aerocycle On Rrb

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jarod24

I live for the CABE
For all you guys that don't frequent RRB. Fresh find. Check it out

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....with-a-recent-find-its-a-30s-aerocycle.98994/

image.jpeg

I read all of the comments on RRB. Price wise I'm pretty much with Slick on this one although if there are a couple of people out there that just have to have it then things could get crazy. As noted rear rack and taillight are missing. There are some excellent repo racks out there and a real one can be found. The taillight is uber rare though and that may take awhile. A year or so ago a pretty crappy one sold at auction for $9400 not including fees or taxes which took it up to about $11k or so. This will be interesting--especially if the selling price is known! V/r Shawn

I noticed that Nick claims the original color to be black.
Obviously, the paint we can see is not original.
Have you seen this bike in person, Nick?
Is there original black paint under the over paint?
If so, an original black and silver or red Aerocycle would be really cool to see.
It seems like a natural color combination, especially since Schwinn had so much black paint on hand, that I don't see why they wouldn't of painter some this way.
Definitely a valuable bike for sure, but don't forget, original finish is everything it seems these days, and restored bikes are practically the kiss of death, unless you have one of three guys in the country do the restoration which will not be cheap, but the only way to go if you were to go that route.
An original tail light will run upwards of one to two thousand dollars or more if you can find one.
I'm thinking, to make this baby whole again and looking the way it should, you're talking at least 4 grand.
And that is probably a minimum.
Of course you could go cheesy, but this is not the type of bike you cheese out on.
I've seen badly restored Aerocycles, and the first response is always, wow! It's too bad the guy didn't get that right, or it would look pretty good if it wasn't for the clear coat.
Have it done right, or not at all!
But, with that said, congratulations on the exciting find.
There's nothing wrong with riding it just the way you found it.
It's unique, that's for sure, and if there is original black paint under there, then you've got a reall y fun project to work on.
That black and orange Roadmaster Supreme that showed up at the CWC ride was covered in black and red paint.
Now look at it!
The owner did an outstanding job preserving that beauty's original paint, and as far as anyone knows, it's the only original paint black and orange one around.
Pretty cool!

No I haven't Seen the bike In person but the tank door is open and the paint inside is quite shiny and not over sprayed compared to the outer paint which is a lot more dull. I also see no trace of sliver or red when looking to see if a repaint missed any spots.

Nick.

I noticed that Nick claims the original color to be black.
Obviously, the paint we can see is not original.
Have you seen this bike in person, Nick?
Is there original black paint under the over paint?
If so, an original black and silver or red Aerocycle would be really cool to see.
It seems like a natural color combination, especially since Schwinn had so much black paint on hand, that I don't see why they wouldn't of painter some this way.
Definitely a valuable bike for sure, but don't forget, original finish is everything it seems these days, and restored bikes are practically the kiss of death, unless you have one of three guys in the country do the restoration which will not be cheap, but the only way to go if you were to go that route.
An original tail light will run upwards of one to two thousand dollars or more if you can find one.
I'm thinking, to make this baby whole again and looking the way it should, you're talking at least 4 grand.
And that is probably a minimum.
Of course you could go cheesy, but this is not the type of bike you cheese out on.
I've seen badly restored Aerocycles, and the first response is always, wow! It's too bad the guy didn't get that right, or it would look pretty good if it wasn't for the clear coat.
Have it done right, or not at all!
But, with that said, congratulations on the exciting find.
There's nothing wrong with riding it just the way you found it.
It's unique, that's for sure, and if there is original black paint under there, then you've got a reall y fun project to work on.
That black and orange Roadmaster Supreme that showed up at the CWC ride was covered in black and red paint.
Now look at it!
The owner did an outstanding job preserving that beauty's original paint, and as far as anyone knows, it's the only original paint black and orange one around.
Pretty cool!

Back