When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aerocycle On Rrb

-
I don't know why everyone is so eager to jump on the FEEBAY ban wagon.
If that was my bike and I was going to sell it, I would try to sell the bike on a forum first.
Put a realistic price on it and just see what happens. From the replies the owner has given, He will obviously make a huge chunk off the bike no matter what he does.
If you put the bike on Ebay and pay the Ebay and PayPal fees and you sell the bike for $10,000
After fees to Ebay you will lose a grand in fees.
That is just stupid to pay that kind of fees for listing a bicycle.
Before I will pay that kind of fees, I would take $500 less and sell it on a forum for $8500.
$1,000 ++++ in fees is hiway robbery.
And I would bet that someone would step up in less than a day and pay the $8500.
So for me personally
Ta Hell with FEEBAY
Let a true bicycle collector have a chance at the bike before one of the butchers on ebay get thier hands on it and the bike ends up in pieces.
And give the Ebay giant a grand for listing the bike.
jkent

Id suggest ebay because the guy probably thinks its a $300 bike. And most of the guys that are on rrbs think its a $150 bike. Some of those guys are transplanted over here now too. Having full blown conversations in a thread, constantly bumping it up over where they're going to be tomorrow night. This ain't fb.

Yeah, my first reaction when I see a Aerocycle show up on a site called Ratrod Bikes, is to cringe and think about how this one will look when it's entered in the next build off.
Twisted chrome struts and a hundred spoke wheels comes to mind.
Just kidding of course.
I think the owner knows what he's got by now.
I'm sure he'd like to cash it out as soon as possible.

I honestly like RRB. You have some 'junkyard' type project guys who'll graft a weedwhacker to a frame, but then you have friendly, and at least somewhat helpful people too. They're certainly creative there.

The collectible value of this is higher than most bikes on RRB, but there are several people over there who have warned the seller it is worth a lot of money. Finding a bike like this is a blessing and a curse, in a way.

It's a blessing because it's so collectible and valuable, but it's a curse in that you can be beset with messages from people trying to lowball the bike, or scoop it out from under others. It can be stressful and time-consuming that way, especially if you're a $200 project type builder.

My suggestion is to do nothing with it and sell it as is. On another, more common project, I might try to strip the paint back to the original, if at all possible (sometimes yes and sometimes no). But on this, just sell it and take the money. I wouldn't want to screw around with something that valuable.

++++++++

ho lee fuk.png

Yeah, my first reaction when I see a Aerocycle show up on a site called Ratrod Bikes, is to cringe and think about how this one will look when it's entered in the next build off.
Twisted chrome struts and a hundred spoke wheels comes to mind.
Just kidding of course.
I think the owner knows what he's got by now.
I'm sure he'd like to cash it out as soon as possible.
I'd have a wizard on a mountain with a half naked chick around his leg airbrushed on that tank.

I'd have a wizard on a mountain with a half naked chick around his leg airbrushed on that tank.
That'd be sweet! I might Digi camo it, maybe screw a pistol holster to the side of the tank and replace that headlight with something modern....Some HD wheels too with off road tread. Get a better seat for it too. Yeah. :D

That'd be sweet! I might Digi camo it, maybe screw a pistol holster to the side of the tank and replace that headlight with something modern....Some HD wheels too with off road tread. Get a better seat for it too. Yeah. :D
Yeah, lime green glitter. Don't forget the spare tire in the back

I'm sure the owner of the bike is very aware of the value of the bike by now.
He knows very well it's not a $300-$500 bike.
Jkent

Owner of the bike checking in here ... Been very busy, but I will try to get pictures of the inside of the tank tomorrow, provided i can borrow my sons phone (his is 4k mines not).

I hate to see it chopped up or parted out, and would prefer to sell it to an enthusiast who cherish it. Perhaps even a partial trade for a cheap cruiser (2-300) that I can have fun with...

As for why I chose RRB, it was due to fact that since the bicycle is so rare, there isn't much information available, let alone anyone who has come into contact with one past few years that I could find on google. I noticed a thread of someone coming upon one in a barn there, and figured it be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Back