When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After hoping for an original Green Phantom for 33 years............

-
I'd send you a picture regarding that subject, but this site would never allow. Nor would I post it if were. However, very funny indeed:)

I build my own now and then (speakers) and until recently I had one lone Polk Audio Monitor 4 without a woofer that I subbed an MW 6510 into then got a 6502 for stock when I got it's mate and they are sitting on this desk. I have Marantz Imperial 5s sitting nearby and Stonehenge Is in need of more work as well, I am basically ribbing you :)

PS Love the M4s the crossovers are great DIY for others as well.

Thanks very much. The products "Flitz" and Gunk-Foamy did most of the work, followed by Ardex Nano Sealant. Cleaned the original tires with Zep Citrus Cleaner. The trad was coming off an inch of the back tire and I glued it back down to the "Typhoon-Cord". Friend suggested that I put a big red patch on the area, so it matches the period cartoons:). Got both lights working. They lose ground to their respective frames. Soldered-on some
jumper wires to reconnect the faulty grounds. I packed the switches with Flitz, mixed with WD-40 and worked them back & forth hundreds of times.
Then washed them out with more WD-40. I buy the inexpensive gallon-size and use a Zep spray bottle, as the WD aerosol's are not what they used to be. I buy the Flitz metal Polish (can) on ebay. Like it even better than Simichrome or Wenol. Switched work like brand new once internally polished this way. Really appreciate your kind words!

Clearly, yourself and so many other kind members, are an equal part of the dream! Love your amazing dream-bike too!
It's good to be part of the CABE family. Wasn't a week ago they had me on "training wheels". Life is good and CABE is better!

the ultimate (54) Green Phantom finally surfaced this past Wednesday. It virtually "landed on our doorstep" from one of the kindest people we know of, and at a very reasonable price. Seemed like wretched-junk to my wife, so I had to clean-'er-up in a hurry, so no photos of the way it looked. I realized the potential of this 100% original
(except for repro tank) machine. After about 16 hours, over a three-day period, it's beyond astounding. So proud of it, that I just have to share some images. My Dad was a 60's/70's Schwinn dealer, so this bike is something I'll
cherish forever! -Billygoat (on training wheels)
View attachment 997300

View attachment 997301

View attachment 997302

View attachment 997303

View attachment 997304

View attachment 997305

View attachment 997306

View attachment 997307

View attachment 997307

View attachment 997308

View attachment 997309

View attachment 997338

View attachment 997341
Superb!!! Congrats!!! look at 'er shine. Nice detail job...WOW.....

"Met People" are pure fun. I once bought an amazing one at a car show. The owner then got first-prize and handed our deposit back:(
We took many photos of Met's at Macungie. Our favorite car, as owners enjoy them more than any other!!! This is what makes them better than any other model. Not just saying this because you own one (or maybe more:) Maybe add a first-year Pacer!

Thank you for your kind words about my Green Phantom. I'm a newbie, but also find myself living for CABE. Never knew about it until last week.

Back